Two prior undefeated teams in Buffalo and North Texas had home games looking to remain undefeated but both fell in games yesterday. Army and Louisiana Tech defeated those two respectively.
Now just UCF (which had a big win over a Power 5 team in Pittsburgh), South Florida, who had a bye, and Cincinnati, who blew out Connecticut are the only Group of Five undefeated teams.
Below are the top games of the week in my view, along with a couple bonus picks. The picks include two overtime games and a couple more that were decided in the last minutes of the games.
Click on the score for a recap of the game and see the highlight video below the score.
1. Hawai’i 44 San Jose State 41 (5OT) (San Jose, Calif.)
2. Northern Illinois 26 Eastern Michigan 23 (3OT) (Ypsilanti, Mich.)
3. Georgia Southern 28 Arkansas State 21 (Statesboro, Ga.)
4. Louisiana Tech 29 North Texas 27 (Denton, Tex.)
5. Middle Tennessee State 25 Florida Atlantic 24 (Murfreesboro, Tenn. )
Army West Point 42 Buffalo 13 (Buffalo, N.Y.)
UCF 45 Pittsburgh 14 (Orlando, Fla.)